RCI recently launched two new iPhone apps that let users share their holiday experiences with friends. The leading holiday exchange organisation designed the new applications as part of its innovative social media marketing strategy.
As Twitter, YouTube, blogs and Facebook are now part of everyday life, what better way to plan and share holiday experiences than via. social media and mobile marketing?
RCI has introduced an RCITV app for the iPhone and iPod Touch so that users can view featured Destination Channel videos, currently available to the public on RCI.com, and email the video links or save them to their ‘favourites’.
The RCI SnapBook is a great tool for capturing holiday mamories – it’s an innovative way to save photos, videos, voice memos and texts on your iPhone during a holiday. Your photos and footage can then be loaded to www.RCISnapBook.com and published in various ways – a scrapbook, timeline or map display which you can share with friends.
Both these applications come just after RCI’s own YouTube site launched earlier this year. It went live in January and runs more than 50 quality resort videos from RCI TV showcasing RCI-affiliated properties.
The YouTube videos link directly to RCI.com or back to the specific resort for more detail along with information about the benefits of shared vacation ownership.
“We are committed to developing great content and the best social media applications for our members to enjoy,” said Geoff Ballotti, CEO, RCI. “These new applications bring an exciting and dynamic element to RCI and we’re planning to expand these channels and make our ever-growing travel and resort content more widely available across our social networks.”
RCI has been leading the shared ownership industry with various initiatives, including the following, and publishes a holiday magazine, RCI Ventures, www.rciventures.com, three times a year, as well as regular newsletters with industry updates, news and features. Latest initiatives include:
· An enhanced search functionality for RCI Weeks and member rentals providing members with more flexibility, options and targeted results
· Enhanced search for RCI Points members using a new map-based search and more filters, options, member reviews and more
· A new Digital Asset Management tool to showcase resorts in high-definition photography and videos, adding rich media to our online resort directory
· The RCI.com website was redesigned a few months ago to offer easy navigation, a new weather section, added educational elements and space to promote special offers
· Ongoing Search giving RCI Weeks members the option of letting RCI look for the perfect location for them, and to notify them when a match is found
· RCITV featuring owner testimonials, information about the product and services, commonly asked questions and an affiliated resorts.
RCI iPhone ‘SnapBook’ App: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rci/id356769392?mt=8
SnapBook Features: http://www.rcisnapbook.com/features/